Tuesday, November 2, 2010
I Never Gave Up On You Entirely, Rocketeer
The first two problems were easily fixed. The automatic thread control caused tension problems so I simply skipped it when I threaded. Secondly, the tension had to be changed from straight stitch to zigzag. I found the right numbers for each when sewing basic cotton, wrote them down, and put them in the manual where I can glance at them if I forget. I still think having to change the tension so much is absurd, but I don't use a zigzag much so I don't care about this.
After putting the foot control on I went ahead and oiled the machine again to make sure it was ready. What a difference! That old foot control was terrible. The machine isn't even stalling anymore. I thought I was going to have to open the motor, change the brushes, and clean it --maybe eventually but not in the immediate future. I don't know if the stalling problem was caused by the old foot control or not but this machine is working wonderfully now.
I purchased a slant shank walking foot over the weekend. I intend to try the Rocketeer out as my straight stitch quilting machine.