The first thing I made this year was Simplicity 2339 Amazing Fit blouse. My first try was in a rather loud flowered cotton print. The fit was perfect; the fabric was not. Second go was the one in the photo out of peridot green rayon challis. The challis feels wonderful and drapey but won't behave for the photos - it wrinkles and shifts.
I cut a size 12 C cup and made no changes to the pattern except in the side seams. The pattern uses 1 inch seam allowances on the side and sleeve seams so you can have a little room for adjustment. I found I needed to start at 1 inch at the underarm and move to 3/4" at the lower waist and hips. Because I had made this shirt before and knew this, I adjusted and made French seams in this one. The sleeves might be a tad long for standing for a photo but not when I'm in action. Plus, I rarely wear my sleeves down - I always roll them up. I omitted the waist darts on the front and back because I wanted a looser flowing shirt. I've seen a lot of these in the stores lately but they're mostly polyester - give me rayon over polyester any day.
The back fits too. I can move my arms quite freely without any pulling across the upper back or front. Yes, they're a couple of wrinkles in the photo - they come and go as I move.
I like this pattern! So much so that the gap of button front shirts in my wardrobe will probably be filled within a few months. (I've already started the next one). Speaking of buttons I went shopping for green shirt buttons and couldn't find any that weren't too bright. I ended up using grayish mother of pearl buttons from my pearl button stash.
Ok, I'll show the loud failure:
Don't ask me why. I don't know. I don't wear prints unless they're subdued or on a skirt but I did this. I put it on and looked like I belonged in the Partridge family. I didn't bother to put cuffs or buttons on it. Still, I hate waste and will salvage it. I think I'll just cut the sleeves and make it short sleeve -- then there would be less print. It does fits beautifully.